Saturday, October 3, 2009

When am I going to learn to bring a map with me?

I keep thinking, oh yes, that looks like I can just turn left and right then left again...well it doesn't work that way. I stupidly didn't write the address down either, even though at one of the places I asked directions at they looked it up on the web and gave me a map, but there were roadworks, and a detour, and there I am in the middle of some suburb, wandering at night, after searching for 4 hours, I gave up, bought beer and deep fried oysters and came home. Feel an absolute failure. Whata ninny.
I had been invited to an opening of Tokyo Wonder Site, in Hongo, and really badly wanted to meet with the people there. Wasn't to be.
Got to see Tokyo dome though and a big baseball match and hundreds and thousands of people and a rollercoaster that went through a building.
This place blows my mind, whenever I step out of the house.
Map next time you twit.
Oh yes, and I saw the full moon rising. Is it full where you are as well?

4 comments:

  1. oh what a business, but hope the moon magic consoled you. Only half full here, i think... (too rainy to tell). love, L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now Sarah. Just got to read the whole saga to date, big learning curve no? :>) Some of the sentiments very familiar to us from our trip over there. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks, heat the saki :>)
    Lotsa love
    Phil and Jen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yeah boil the vat of Saki. What a great city have funnnnnnnnxxxxxjen

    ReplyDelete