Friday, October 23, 2009

Sheer delight



My fortune seems to be holding, each day a treasure beyond my wildest dreams. I think I have figured something out, no-one likes the mass cram business, and that's why the surliness and pushiness exists in the inner city. I have had some very nefarious exchanges on the trains and railway stations, and I realise the Japanese hate it as well. There is nothing they can do to stop it, and so the result is not very nice. Rush hour pushes everyone into such an extreme state, and everyone is overwhelmed by it. But as soon as I go to more quiet areas, the politeness and consideration returns. No hostility, and I think, oh, this is the true nature. Also on the subways its not as crowded as the trains, and it's downright civilised in comparison. I still get such a thrill though getting on with thousands of others, and being squashed up against hundreds of spunks, so close I can see their pores! Its just amazing at the stations, the herds of humans, and if there's a pillar, you can find a tiny bit of space behind, then you are safe, but you have to be quick to pop out when the train comes, or the stampede will prevent you from boarding.
I love it, but would hate to live here. My solace is in Yanaka, the very old part of town, where the streets are wide, and there are big trees and old houses, and this immense cemetery. Last night I went and videoed my friends dancing. It was so beautiful, I feel so lucky to have found them. We have so much in common, and tonight I am going to dinner at one of their houses. We went to a Chinese restaurant last night, and I ate raw potato and black duck eggs! Surprisingly delicious. I do not like Chinese sake though, it was quite vinegary.
The days are becoming increasingly cooler, and because there is no daylight savings here, it's getting dark much earlier.
I have been dabbling at home with the materials I acquired, and have been enjoying that process, I took something I made with me for the dancers and they interacted with it so beautifully, its just joy joy joy. I feel we are on the same wavelength in so many ways.
Tomorrow I get to see Jenny and Phil from Australia, and am so looking forward to that sharing.
What can I say, except the feeling of transformation is so intense and delightful, I am just smiling alone in my flat to myself and understanding a lot of things. My biggest breakthrough seems to be that a couple of weeks ago I bought some biscuits 'for visitors' and haven't opened them. I am sated by everything, and don't even care about them. My sense of fulfillment is so intense! What a dag!
I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment