Sunday, October 18, 2009

Loving it sick


The other day I saw a Western looking man, older, with a big tweaked mo, a cream coloured suit, a stiff hat and a monocle. The Colonel I thought, looked like a really wealthy ex-colonialist, from an era long ago, but appearing to do very well for himself. There are so many different people around me, each with this deeply steeped history and story to tell. Today I just stood outside the station in Shibuya and soaked in the masses passing me. All that energy, all in transit. I have the capacity to look at a lot of faces, and I just took as many in as I could. I can't get enough of it!
I have the energy I might just go and soak some more of them in before I settle down for the night! I feel like one of the angels in Wings of Desire, but I can't hear their actual thoughts, fully wish I could though, oh, and understand Japanese. Or maybe like one of those monster creatures who suck the energy from living things...I don't know.
Went to Yoyogi park today for a picnic celebrating Owen's 30th. Lovely food and champers, surrounded by thousands of fun seekers. The roses were in bloom and we had a good sniff of those. Watching the passing trade, so much style! Theres some style gene here I think we are missing in Oz. And games, many games of all types, I looked around and there were countless balls in the air, Frisbees, bubbles, kites, skipping rope formations, badminton (I saw 20 different shuttlecocks flying all at once), many puppies, kids, hullabaloo...even the park is full on.
This place, wow. Sorry thats all I can say, its got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment