Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Haha, they got me again!

I was buzzing today, had a call from the wonderful Elvis this morning which made me soooooooooo ecstatic. Then I just took the plunge and bought new music from the I-tune store online! Believe me, its a first, I only got 5 singles, but was I rocking? Yes, my dears! Rocking out! I got a Sylvester tune, The Stranglers, something by T-rex, a Metric piece and someone I don't know who, but I love the song. It was so good to have new music!
I zipped over to Takebashi, all maps in hand and found the museum right away, but it was closed! I swear, they pick the dates out of a hat! Did not matter one bit, I had the Imperial Palace grounds to peruse, and I walked for miles, what a lovely sunny day. I smiled at everyone, and people smiled back. It was great. I was drinking from a water fountain when I heard someone say (in german); "uh-oh, now there will be none left". I looked up at him and answered back, in german, "there sure is, plenty for all" (you old coot!). He was so surprised.
I found myself in Marounuchi, a very boring financial district, but I discovered the Japanese Film Archive, and spent an hour in a very comfortable room, watching silent movies of the early days of Tokyo, 1920's and 30's. Enlightening to see the old ways, and trams, and daily wear. The hall was full of elderly people, who were viewing their own ancestors, I felt very moved.
I'd seen notices advertising a free shuttle bus in the area, and just wanted to stay seated, but it was very boring, loitering outside the stock exchange. People with money have limousines parked waiting for them, with the drivers dozing in the front seat. I haven't been in a car for nearly a month, I realise. I would love to drive around the city though, get to see it link up.
Got off the bus and kept walking, and found myself in Ginza, where I had been before. It was so good to find a place I was familiar with, and have the city finally link up in a tiny way.
I found the Hermes store easily, it was getting dark and all the fabulous lights were on, went to the gallery there, pretty so-so. Then I wandered and stumbled on the Shisheido store, which I had wanted to visit, not for the cosmetics, but the gallery was great, and it was show of (drum roll) women artists!!! There was some really great work in there, but what I liked the most was a light that had been blocked out, for the sake of the art, it was all boarded up, but the light still shone through the slits...
Found a toy shop and wonder if I can buy this sweetest stuffed animal I have ever seen, that costs like $100...oh, it has wrapped it's furry body around my heart...I also saw stuffed toy poops, one of them had a string you could pull and it vibrated!
What a day! So happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment