Friday, October 16, 2009

Off with your head, dance till you're dead

Yeah Yeah Yeahs filling my ears today.
Can hardly write, as my fingers are soaked in sake and joy; I had the most beautiful evening of my life. I have found myself curiously part of a dance troupe who perform every week in a cemetery on the way to a gallery I went to tonight...The Bath house, SCAI. A show by Julian Opie, he was there, and I met him, and his wife, and their golden haired peanut loving child, and then I met Rebecca Horn. Seriously.
The others from Tokyo Wonder Site and other foreign residencies were heading out for dinner, but I felt like just taking in this wonderful part I hadn't been to before, so I walked slowly, and saw some people performing some amazing dance moves, in the park next to the cemetery, and when they saw me, they invited me over and I watched them do some really incredible moves.
Simple elegant body manoeuvers telling these stories, oh I was entranced. Movement quiet in the night, extreme agility and focus, each replicating each other's and making adaptations...fully beautiful.
They just got me! It was all the way awesome!!!
They asked me for dinner, and we went to a wonderful restaurant and ate the best food I have ever tasted, but I was so in love with the three of them I just ate a bite form each dish and feel so full! We had such understanding of each other, with our broken languages, but I was just in bliss. I feel like my soul has been prized. Its this giant floating dream that is for sure, every moment just seems to be getting better than they last. The skin on my back is changing!
Anyway, they practice twice a week in that same place, and have been doing so for twenty years, rain or shine. Snow. They are called "original", and when we parted one of them gave me a little folder, I have never seen anything so beautiful. I asked if they always carried gifts around, and we all just laughed and laughed, 'cos we knew heaven and hell, and it's best to tread lightly. OMG! I am going back next week to see if they are real. We are going to practice some moves together!

1 comment:

  1. sarah, nonstop amaaaaazing. your writing and/or experiences are climaxing like delirious dreamscapes. keep doing exactly what you feel like doing! xxxx

    ReplyDelete