Sunday, November 22, 2009

Villa of the Detached Heart






Life-sized
After tearing myself from the cosiness of my bed this freezing morning (futons hold your body's warmth for more than an hour I have noticed), I took a long hot bath.
Made my way to a temple where I was told they made costumes out of chrysanthemums, which they did. I went into one area, and watched as Mothers lined their traditionally dressed children up in front of a screen and photographed them. I was bemused by even the youngest children's abilities to hold more than one 'action' pose.
Wandered down the road and found a garden, it was the former home of the Mitsubishi family, with both a Western and Japanese style house. Sat in the Japanese house and had green tea, but there wasn't anyone else there to talk to.


Later when I came out a nice woman struck up conversation with me, and it always gets around to the weather and how Australia is opposite. She was a bit kooky and I liked her. When she left I watched her cross the garden to a huge ginkgo tree where she performed a ministration worthy of great applause.
Kept wandering and actually found my way back to another area I had been before, another connection. Had to check in the mirror that I didn't have something all over my face, for all the stares I got today, there wasn't anything on my face except my face.
I got some yummy gyoza on the way home, and some kimchi, are you allowed to eat them together? I did and liked it.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE those chrysanthemum outfits.
    So strange and high fashion!
    I got your awesome Vernon moving card today.
    It's awesome.
    And so are you
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. What JP meant to say is that she got the post card and will make sure she passes it onto me...

    HRH

    ReplyDelete
  3. No.
    What I meant is that the Verner Panton card is mione forever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's only a matter of time...


    HRH

    ReplyDelete