Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Got out of the city today



Albeit it was with a crying child, and we only saw the mountains for a short time, but I could see unfettered nature for the first time. I met up with Rachel and Alba to go to Studio Ghibli, something they were very excited about, being huge fans of Miyazaki. Alba was crying because we went too far on the train and had to backtrack, she is so obsessed with the phenomenon.
The museum was pretty cool, but surprisingly small and weird, at the same time. Big open spaces, no photos except outdoors and heavily guarded. Sure there were some excellent displays of trickery, but seeing their studios was sublime. Made me want to race home and work!
Went to the museum shop and couldn't believe the shit fight in there, I had to leave, I was aghast at the desperation.
I am so tired of pushing humans, the knocks and hits by strangers passing, WTF? No-one says sorry or excuse me!!! Whats with that? I thought being considerate and polite was the national past time. And same with the staring, sometimes it's so offensive I have to smile back, or I might hit them, what am I going to say? Is it that I am too big?
Having just that view of the mountains reassured me though, there is an end to the madness.

Some beautiful soaring bamboo in Mitaka

2 comments:

  1. Boy am I jealous. Studio Ghibli!!! Is Spirited Away one of the best movies EVER??

    Let me answer my own question. YES.
    Don't let the elbos get you down.
    It seems you have aconstant stream of friends coming thru now. So have a good good time.
    JAMP
    PS It's grey, a little chilly and raining, but I'm heading up to haweksbury to have a look at your shed drawinmg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I avoided every elbow today, like a supreme Ninja goddess!!!

    ReplyDelete