Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lucky girl


How do I decipher this?
Finally had a good Sunday. Actually it was super great, after last night's fuck-up, I totally deserved some goodness. Went to Yoyogi Park and found the Hoopstars, wonderful Deanne (right), and the beautiful Kristen. Tried hooping for the first time, and could hardly keep that hoop going around for more than 2 turns, no matter, it was fun.

Rushed to the opening of Johnny Walker's new space in Shibuya, which was actually not yet built, but full of potential, bare earth glowing. Next to Nightingale River, which had been diverted in 1964, to celebrate the Olympics. At 5pm a sweet bell played, and this is a gentle reminder to get on home and quiet down, I am not accustomed to this. As far as I'm concerned, 5pm is when you get out and start making noise. Nice people there, nice sake, lots of business cards, a few Aussies and at the end the few of us remaining decided on dinner, and went to a fabulous restaurant nearby.
They served sake in bamboo containers, very sexy, and raw fish was brought to the table and blow-torched right there, so delicious. I had this creamy tofu, it was like mascarpone, with honey! Oh, yummy. And fugu sperm, OMG, sublime! Better than men's! Below is Hiroshi, Claudia and Julie. And the tastiest fish to enter my body yet.

We were getting a bit trashed, and so went on to karaoke, where we murdered some songs, I don't know what I was drinking by then, but was pretty unstable. The beautiful Julie Harrison lives also in Takadanobaba, so we went home together. I quote her saying "I am a JAP, Just Another Person". I used to say, 'I'm just an artist' or 'I'm just this', but I think, no, be proud of who you are, I understand being humble, but each of us is so important, never forget that.

So anyway, I scored. Woke up pretty fresh, considering, and excited about seeing Izumi do her half tatami mat performance tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah but what songs did you kill in karaoke??
    JamP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single one! Murderer! Shocking!

    ReplyDelete