Saturday, November 28, 2009

I must add


another photo, I took so many in Kamakura, and they all seem so great! But this is like the traffic lights, but in nature! I hope you are not sick of these very touristy shots, but thats what I am.
Last night was a lovely treat, Mori-san and I were the only ones at Yanaka, so he danced alone for me, a dance called "Fuse". It was half an hour and incredibly full-on, I just sat there, entranced. He is a magnetic performer, and the power and play was emanating from him. I felt taken away, and so focused, such a great thing to be dancing alone in the night, as the city rushes past, to be moving for altogether other reasons touches me deeply. I feel like I was meant to meet them, and this experience just would not be the same if I hadn't. I don't think I would have survived actually if it weren't for them, too lonely. We went for a drink afterwards and I had sake with salt on the rim, yum.
This evening I was meant to go to some open studios and foolishly assumed I knew my way there. I had been a couple of times before, and should have known, but got dreadfully confused and found myself in a part of town I didn't recognise at all. I found a police box and asked the kind man directions, it is right near the United Nations University I kept saying, and he had no idea, he's picking up maps and shaking his head, really trying, he has these books of HAND written numbers and addresses, I'm like United Nations, peace? No go. I gave up and just wandered, there were massive crowds, and finally I found the avenue they were crowding to see, a tree-lined avenue, quite long, with some beautiful building down the end of it, a real landmark sort of place, and the trees were big and very gold, and people were falling over themselves trying to photograph it all. I couldn't bare to be part of it, and just wandered away, trying to get away from all the cars. Wandered for a few hours, till I found a station then went about a mile underground. Disconcerting for me.
So the day was a little more laid back than I wanted, but no matter, I got a lot of things done at home and really enjoyed unkinking with yoga. Now I am having a nice glass of Jacobs Creek and toasting life. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment