Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I want



Demolishing a house stick by stick (in the rain), and piling it into a confined space, sound like anyone we know?
so much in this world, it is very greedy and not very buddhist, but I want EVERYONE to have as much, and experience the sensation of pure unadulterated happiness, joy bon vive, fraulichkeit. With highs come low, and as Izumi pointed out last night one can enjoy suffering as well. Ah-ha. It is life, and the cup is full.
Went to work today in full rain gear, gumboots, rain poncho, brolly...all necessary as the deluge is incredible. I told the class it looked like bamboo rain, so straight and tall, it seems like it feeds the bamboo. They were amazed, having never heard of such a thing, but I thought it was just simple. Anyway it was a nice easy class today and we just discussed what we did on the weekend. I am the only one who went to "The re-birth of Buddha" it seems.
Wanted lunch so came back to Taka-heaven but the places I wanted to try didn't have what I wanted, I love the set lunches where you get a few different bowls of things on a wee tray, so cute! I was forced to go for some sushi. Yesterday I had gone back to the place where the men yelled "NO" when I went in before they were open. I was silly and ordered something which I couldn't see exactly, what it was, I don't know, but it tasted like shit and I fear it was fish guts, or something not too nice, that I put in my mouth. I didn't feel too well afterwards, and repented my choice. Today's experience was much better, wholesome fresh beauties plucked off the conveyor belt, and popped in my mouth faster than he took to make them. I kept thinking of how there are no women sushi chefs, our hands are too hot!!! He and a few others were watching me the whole time, and once again, laughing. I have a pretty good sense of humour, but I really won't miss being the butt of all the jokes. Just ignore me like I am not here, I wish. The other customers do. Oh well, such it is, they gave me a miso with a crab claw in it and at the end I held it up and asked if I should eat that, they were laughing and so was I 'cos what do I know? Crikey.
Getting ready now to go to Kyoto tomorrow, and don't know if I will be posting. I hope to be turning that cinnabar colour, and simply revelling in COLOUR.
I bid you adios, my friends, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Still awaiting Panton post card...
    where is the picture of you decked out in rain gear?

    HRH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear HRH
    Forgot to send it, it'll be weeks before I get back...worry not.
    I will make sure I make that photo as well, full of ideas aren't you?
    xs

    ReplyDelete