Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why are


openings so absurd? Because you see people you want to talk to and trying to get to them is laden with difficulties...other people you don't necessarily want to talk to. And if you are speaking to someone, you may see someone come in who you like and you may give them a little wave of acknowledgement, but that interrupts the person that you are with, and if you don't say hi to this new person they may think you are rude, and then thats not very nice is it.
Openings are thwart by problems, and last night I went to one and got my ears battered, and kissed far too many people, and came away feeling shell-shocked and wasted, after only one hour. So dis-satisfying and hectic, so empty and frustrated, I just missed Yanaka so much and wished to be in minimal land.
PJ said it well, it is all the stopping and starting, the interruptions, which do not facilitate dialogue, it seems so empty and insignificant. I like all those people, and just wish for the chance to be one on one with them, but the hurly burly means you talk to one person and then turn and start with another without honouring that initial person, it is ridiculous.
Let alone not see the art.
I think next time I go, I should just wear a red costume, and dash in, congratulate the artists, then get the hell out!

1 comment: