Friday, January 22, 2010

Driving to the beach


Late afternoon, and a storm was advancing. Carla and I were racing the clock, trying to get there before a downpour. Big grey turmoil in the sky, incredible clouds seething and energy shattering. Long lightning strikes out at sea, and the peals of thunder in the distance, exciting. The water was cold and beautiful, I swam, I could have swum 100 miles, it was so delicious after the hot day. Green underwater, sublime feeling of satisfaction, visually and physically.
I couldn't take my eyes off the sky when I came up for air, sun breaking through the gaping holes, attempting to reach land. Fascinating pictures formed by the clouds, I saw my Grandmother in the sky. But no rain, just warnings.
Got home at 8pm, time for dinner. We had bought falafel rolls, which weren't great, but I was hungry and ate it with thanks. Time to put on some music and sing softly.
I think I am in love with life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah

    lovely blog. Looking forward to reading through your time in JP. As always, you make me feel overly ernest and precious and a bit pernickety. I have been bee-watching in the garden this morning and feel that summer really is the time to love life. Thanks for your comments on my blog, best, AMQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah the beach.
    How nice is it? How perfect a place?
    It's beyond words the pleasure the beach gives me. We should go snorkelling again soon.
    JP

    ReplyDelete