Monday, January 11, 2010

Hedonism


So, three different beaches in three days. This is the life I like. On Sunday it was so hot, so we went to Nielsen Park in the late afternoon. There were so many people there, it was like a Sydney Festival event. But out in the deep water there were only a couple. I swam very close to the shark net, admiring the appearance of the waves rolling in from the Manly ferry. Beautiful, mesmerising water. Felt reborn once again.
We brought sandwiches and tea and had a lovely picnic, watching the families pack up and all that flesh depart. I can't believe how big women's boobs are here! It is stunning. Watching the people queue to wash their sandy feet at the one tap, it is very important to get all the sand off! Watching the children take turns chasing the birds, and their parents frustratedly tugging at them to get them home.
I wish I had known about the sea lice though, I got nibbled on something terrible and am itching like crazy!
Monday was my first day on my own, as PJ went back to work. I really tried to keep myself motivated and not fall into any of my old patterns, and think I did quite well. I have a list as long as the house of things to do, so I seized time and made my way. Frustrations and small successes, it wasn't too bad. Finished one work. The internet stopped working, as did the telephone so I went out and did some stuff, and thankfully when I got home they were working again. Lifeline!
The most surprising aspect of the day was hearing a little bell tinkle at the front door, and opening it, I found a very sweet, very beautiful and friendly cat called Oska, who came in and wanted cuddles and play. He stayed with me for an hour, delightfully. Later that evening when I was cooking dinner, what do you know? He returned and stayed till midnight. PJ and I were very happy.
Carla, Mila, Sugar and I went to Sydney Park to explore the new playground at dusk. We found it absolutely great. Swings I could fit on, slides and great rubberised hillocks to run up and down. All very adult (and child) friendly. Fun.
I love not having to put on extra clothing when I go out, I so appreciate the lightness of being, and the simplicity. The sun is out late, and all the solar energy nutrifies me and my heart. There are hardly any people around, which gives me the freedom to flap my arms and sing if I am so inclined.
In Japan, it felt so inhibited to me, if you sneezed, a dozen people would turn around. Here you can make a fool of yourself in public and nary a soul will notice.
Unfortunately, these same liberties are enjoyed by all, and when I was up the road I saw some awful things, me and my good eyesight, they are too disgusting to write about, but thats what you get in a society that has no rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment