Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year=New Day


Peach tree branch 1
I think so. New plans, new resolutions, re-invent myself each day and try really hard to live well as I can.
We went up the hill in Sydney Park and watched the spectacular fireworks launched from seven sites, the sound came afterwards, war sounds. I had some vodka and beers, with Lisa and PJ. The best part was at the end when thousands of people got up and deserted the park. The mass exodus was great to watch. The smoke came over us and the light was all diffused, and some kids with loads of glow necklaces were running around, encased in plastic raincoats that illuminated the glow sticks even further. Delightful.
Very low key the next day, until Elvis text-ed and said to come up to her place at Curl-Curl. So I jumped on a ferry and went over there. Spent the day swimming in the pool and laughing with Henry. There were chickens in the backyard and I could hear them crowing, and got Henry to check if they had lain any eggs. They had, so I got one which was still astoundingly warm to touch. I boiled it and ate it immediately in the pool, with gratitude.
Elvis drove me home and my favourite song came on the radio, "I wish I knew Natalie Portman" by K-os...just as we were driving through Mosmania. I was so happy and excited, I felt no sorrow, just good, I am here and now, and that is great. Of course there is sadness, but it is now in perspective.
Got home and made dinner, PJ had been to the markets yesterday and bought prawns and salmon. Fried the salmon quickly and served it on a salad, it was delicious. Then I got changed and began my first peach tree conversation.
I planted this tree in 1994, so it is quite big now.
Tree in spring blossom
When I got back from Tokyo I was in the backyard one evening, listening to music and wafting around, processing the giant memories and feelings. I noticed a branch of my peach tree growing closely to another branch, and desired for it to be growing into the open space in the other direction. It is not a giant branch, but it is strong, and my thought was to attempt to pull it, and train it to grow in that direction.
I simply pull it, using my weight to train it to grow the other way.
Last night I began, while Elvis filmed it, and the mosquitoes loved biting me, but it was beautiful. The wind in the trees, the cicadas singing, the gentleness of the evening magnified, and my arms, up-stretched and grasping the defenceless tree. It felt like the right thing to do after everything I have seen and done. I am going to try and do it each evening, for as long as it takes, or the branch breaks. But I felt it give a little last night, and although my arms feel very strange, I am going to try and last longer each evening.
In great gratitude and honour of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment