Friday, January 1, 2010

Such heat this morning


I went up the road to the post office, and couldn't believe how hot it was, sweltering! Soaked in sweat I came home and jumped in the shower, then relaxed near a fan with some tea and cold noodles. So good. The cicadas were singing, then the currawongs started warbling and the rain began. The cool breeze carried wet fragrance through the house and then the delicious quake of thunder sounded across the sky. I just lay cooly with tired arms soaking in the wonderful transitions. Very beautiful and special, every moment.
Is the blue moon responsible, or is it me that just feels so great? I feel haunted by great happiness and joy. "Mellifluous", Aleister Steward's favourite word.
Now the storm has passed, and other birds are singing in the trees.
I think it is time to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment