Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Water


It is a great thing to swim. I penetrated the waters at La Perouse yesterday, diving into green liquid glass, rolling waves, quite cold but oh so good. The view from underneath, incredible. Golden sandy bottom moving into an aquamarine blue and then tones of green I can't describe. The occasional Coral outpost is dark with seaweeds and looms ahead like a big haven for the fishes. I swim and swim and swim, I feel like I could swim across the bay but am too afraid of deep water.
Glorious beauty, I wish I could breathe underwater without apparatus, I want to stay down there for a long long time in that virtually soundless landscape. It is my medium and I am so joyous in there. So light, so free, and happier there than anywhere on the planet, as yet.
Mila and my foot
Fully multicultural groups, Lebanese, Chinese, Islander, whiteys, Greeks, Italians, Japanese, people from all over the world converging on the edge of the ocean. I can't get over their stereotypical voices...it cracks me up. All of us unified by our love for this place, the sand, the sun, the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment