Monday, January 18, 2010

New Post

Saw Lynette Wallworth's video works on the weekend. The crying women got me, I just can't see another person cry without joining in. Oh sadness, so familiar. And well contrasted with great joy. You touched the screen, and a woman would approach and place her hand where yours had been and she just looks out with tears welling in her eyes...reminds me of Bill Viola's work. Nice and dark in there so you could have a cry on your own.
Then PJ and I went to the Supacenter and bought appliances we have been holding off buying like forever. It was disgustingly exhilerating, a new vacuum, a new camera, a new blending thing...total consumerism. The guilt I feel spending money when the Haitians are starving and in hell...only tempered by a donation to Medicins sans Frontiers.
Sunday was PJ's birthday so we had some fun going to Josie's bbq then dashed home for a little party with the seven layer torte and a few people came around. It felt a bit special and afterwards I took him to our favourite sushi restaurant where we ate like a King and Queen, and had to take our leftovers home for later. Finally felt like I was ingesting the real thing, but no shiso...I have no idea why they can't grow that stuff here. Agedashi tofu love
Came home and Oska was at the door, so we got pussy love and watched the 1954 original Godzilla film, which neither of us had ever seen.
Today the weather was magnificent. I rode my bike to M'ville Metro and busted the brake cable on the way there, I need a new bike! JFC, every day things break and need fixing/replacing, it is endless. But the big news is I got my L plates, so watch out you lot on the road, Goffers is coming! I was so thrilled.
Then Carla came around and took me to Coogee where the water was warm, and we swam while it was still light. Fantastic water. It is hard for me to get my work done when the weather is so good.

1 comment: