Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wild Healthy




That's Coca-cola's contribution to the world, on giant posters.
Mitsubishi, who seems to own everything in this country says "Changes for the better".
EPSON says "Exceed your vision", highly motivational don't you think (sic)?
All that plays in my head is the Kawasaki slogan that I heard as a kid "Let the good times roll".

I think of a bowl of food I was served that I liked, and I asked what the translation of the characters were, she said beautifully "wind, flower, snow, moon". Make me cry.
And I think of when I was in Kamakura at a temple, enjoying a hot tea, when a group of teenagers came noisily by, laughing and yelling. I turned my back as I couldn't bear their joviality, but when I went to the counter to refresh my tea, one of the girls came up to me and said, in the sweetest sweet voice "have a nice day". I was so sorry for my evil thoughts, and so taken aback by her words, and so regret my negativity.
If this trip doesn't make me a better person, I don't know what will. Today it is pouring with rain and I feel so much remorse for my past wrongs. I feel so sorry, and really want to try and do better.
It's funny though, I used to always say "you only have one life to lead", but when I said this yesterday in my class, to a group of Buddhists, I realised how empty the statement appears. I feel so confused and torn. I need to pour myself into my work, but I can't do that here, I have filled the flat already!

No comments:

Post a Comment