Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Travelling alone...

...is confronting and stressful. No-one else to take your thoughts off the sagas, no other input or distractions, just you on your own with your evil thoughts, needs, wants, desires, your past, your present, your lack of others for confirmation and approval, what awaits you, your unrequited loves. My huge love for bamboo and hate for the sound of plastic bags rattling around me, and then my absolutely pathetic self absorption and worst of all self-pity."

I wrote that on a bad day whilst travelling around Japan, and just found it in a notebook and it made me laugh.

The other day I was waiting at Town Hall and heard some beautiful singing. In the rear of the foyer, I saw hands upstretched and a Chinese song was being sung by a beautiful woman all dressed in white. She was on her own, praising the world and giving the world her wondrous clear voice. I praised her and she took my hands and blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment