Sunday, December 13, 2009

Golden Brown


New Zealand horse in 400 year old 3 monkey temple
Astounding rock at waterfall
Four monkeys
Just got back from
a wondrous weekend in Nikko, a faraway place, with the Yanaka group. We stayed in an inn with natural springs, outdoor hot baths, in the snow, in an amazingly untouched mountain region. We saw 2 monkeys on the mountain
Four sisters
All I can say is, it was fantastic.

We went for soaks before dinner, after dinner, and in the morning, soaking and having a beautiful time. We ate food from heaven, I cannot describe, just super super super, and so much, and so super! We drank the best sake made in Japan, the gift from Mifune, and had such fun, all 'sleeping' together in one room, I haven't had a slumber party in I don't know how long, and sleep was not on the cards for me. I got to watch them all slumber, such beauties, and I saw the stars, and watched the trees dance in the night's wind, in the snow, and sit by the stove drinking beer and eating rice balls perfectly crafted by Izumi, talking to Lina, and I am happy.

In the morning we went for a walk in a beautiful swamp, in colours identical to JP's Hawkesbury hideaway swamps, on a raised wooden track and when we got to where we were going, dancing occurred in the silence of absolute beauty, I filmed and then we got back in the car and had lunch, and came back to Tokyo. Such a wonderful day, so tired now, so satisfied, so full of the entirety. A trip of wonder.
To return to the immensity of Tokyo, I am refreshed, and even got an older woman to smile at me on the train.
Life is simply experience. You have to live it. And love it.


1 comment:

  1. Get into your last days.
    Although I for one will be happy to have yo back in Sydney.
    JP

    ReplyDelete