Friday, December 11, 2009

Dialogue

Spent the afternoon at Rebecca Horn's awesome show at the MCA, Tokyo, an enormous and beautiful gallery space. Incredible work, so profound, so much I had only seen in books, but to see in real life was sensational. I went with Izumi and Hiharu, and we had a ball. It's the first museum visit I have made with friends in all this time, and I so miss having someone to discuss works with. I had no concept of the magnitude of her work, especially the older pieces, screened in giant halls, fascinating. Deep, and troubling and so good. I learnt alot today, and feel humble, but understand so much other work through this.
Terribly rainy, so we rain-checked our outdoor performance, and went for delicious ramen. I was so hungry and cold, and these noodles were so fortifying and good. Home now for an early night, pack for the weekend away. My last weekend, and thankfully not alone. I really miss company. Its great to see my new friends but to go home to an empty house feels like a let-down. I still have so much to share, so much I want to talk about... so the computer and my Ipod get a good pounding.
It is too wet to go back out and connect, I am going to bed with Kafka.

1 comment: