Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cloud Chamber

The great map I loved in Jimbuchu, in Museum




Yesterday rocked as well, I forgot to post, in my haste to drink in sorrow over Tony Abbott's rise to power. I hate that vile cretin more than I loathed John Howard.
But I spent the day at the Science Museum where I found Wilson's Cloud Chamber and it was the most incredibly wonderful thing I have seen. Such a microcosm of beauty, and I just wanted to stay with it for a long time. Cool museum, many cool things. I was also taken by their panorama cinema, that played a film about dinosaurs, and the evolution of the earth, brought to you by Minolta, or Canon, or some such brand. It was daggy but incredible as well, and I felt shivers down my spine, as they played Ave Maria, the song I had learnt in choir some 30 years ago.
I have been taking notes of all the slogans that are in English on the trains. I am intrigued by "Art is the lie that allows us to see the truth". I do not know if I like this or not. There is a constant bombardment of noise coming at you from every direction, and it makes me grateful for having an Ipod device, and not understanding the majority of what is being rammed. Marketing!
(latest works)
In the evening I went to the cemetery with a bottle I had constructed, which Morisan and Hiharu made great use of. Simple but complex choreography, standing and lying, alternating. They worked in tandem, engaging with my object in such interesting ways, and of course it fell apart by the end (my work, not theirs), but that was very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment