Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gadigal land


A small group of us went over to the North Shore to take up the walk where we had left off. It was a very warm day, and even 3 Liters of water wasn't enough for a thirsty girl like me. We made it to Hornsby, 21 km! Up and down the whole way, it was amazingly beautiful at some points. I love to see the landscape change as I go along. There were some enormous trees, and some untouched feel, but the next stage should be even more special. At one point I lay on the track and five parrots danced above me, just for me alone, under the blue gums. A leech found me, and some kind strangers both found the leech and gave me a bottle of water.
Hornsby was in full swing when we got there, with a multicultural festival going on. It was fantastic, I had some Korean food, and some satay chicken while watching Highland dancing and then some Macedonian folk.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how lovely.
    What's the next leg?
    Can I come?
    We could stay at Mangrove Creek house before/after
    heart JPO

    ReplyDelete