Monday, March 15, 2010

Another day at the beach


Bondi this afternoon,and snorkeling what is more. I tell you, there were many fish there, big garfish and hundreds of others, around the rocks. It was an awesome day, and had gotten quite warm, but the water was delicious and sparkling. What I love about snorkeling is it drowns out the sounds of the above-world and I can luxuriate in that white noise forever. I hate getting out of the water, back to sound, weight and civilisation of our own making.
The schools of fish moving in tandem with their kin, sometimes flitting along the bottom, fighting the currents or just trying to stay on the same area. I am fascinated with watching them construct their behaviour. So different, so many variations.
Lying on the sand with JP, soft brilliant heated granules all around, my fingers so tantalised by the texture and wonder of it's pulverisation, the millions of creatures that live in that medium, silently and dutifully carrying out their business...I could stay there forever, carrying out my business. The sun heating and drying my skin, the sleepy feeling after too much swimming, heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaah.
    I love it too.
    Wanna always be snorkeling
    JPooooo

    ReplyDelete