Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Concert


Last night's Chamber Orchestra concert threw up a few surprises, but the end work was all I was there for...I got a ticket as it advertised an oboe concert, but by Vaughan Williams, and it wasn't much chop. But the end piece was JS Bach, with oboe and it was so moving and wondrous, I could just take it in my heart and soar all night. The timbre, the timber, the hollow voice of that instrument, it does something for me deep inside, and is like a lozenge for my soul. I take it in and it soothes my being, I can't get enough. All other instruments pale in comparison.
That said, when I got to the train station, the sounds of the approaching trains were reminiscent of some of the stringed instruments I had been listening to. Classical music enhancing contemporary life, and what is more, being reflected in this time.
I love oboe works by Bach, Marcello, Albinoni, Handel, Britten, Schubert, Vivaldi, Haydn, Strauss, Pasculli, Schumann, Telemann, Mozart and finally Morricone...I want to hear them all simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment