Monday, March 29, 2010

Land maggots


Went to Canberra and experienced some awe-inspiring views of landscape at Lake George...vastly spacious and empty of obstruction, I cannot get over it, nor can I get enough of it, all I know is I must return and explore that area. Since I was there last a wind farm has been built, so it is even more surreal to look at. I have always passed through that area with a yearning desire to halt and devour, so to say, but now I know how necessary this is. It was very exciting and reminded me of why I live in Australia.
A week ago I heard the term 'land maggots' used regarding sheep...it amuses me, yet in a way it describes humans as well, being nurtured by the earth.
Directly on arriving in Canberra a large flock of cockatoos flew high above in a cluster, circling against the bluest skies, with a fringe of great grey gums to the side, and I was happy.

1 comment:

  1. I always stare into Lake George when I go past- even at night when it is just black. I never tired of it even after what must be a 100 times.

    ReplyDelete