Sunday, February 28, 2010

A week of heaven




Elated morning, rising at 3 am for Spencer Tunick's nude shoot on the Opera House steps. Absolutely beautiful feeling and sight, surrounded by nudes, all 5,000 of us braving the coolest morning all year. But so divine, to be amongst so many latte colours, en masse, collaborating for the sake of a photograph. I am not in love with the final product, but it is the event and assemblage that I cherish. Everyone looks so beautiful in the nude, it is a momentous charge to experience such a mass of humans, unclothed.
I have just returned from Port Macquarie, where I stayed with the wondrous RP and LP, and my dear father, Ben. A week of beaches, goannas, dolphins and tranquility in koala territory, with dozens of activities planned day and night. Saw RP perform one evening, went to the premiere of a terrible play, swam and walked to various beaches, inhaled a lot of clean air and slept wonderfully each night. On Friday night, I danced under the moon, at Yanaka time, in tandem. Woke to the birds and found unlimited energy from the ants. I made it my mission to see dolphins, and as soon as I declared that, there they were.
This was a great rendition of a caravan (Harry's Point) at Shelley Beach. I got to sit there on 2 afternoons...sublime.
Couldn't believe the vast empty beaches, I went to a lookout and saw not a soul. Space and more space. Walked along the edge of a lagoon and watched the hundreds of fish scoot away. I could live like this. Falling asleep to the sound of the waves at Tacking Point, lulled by the rhythm and endlessness...pounding the shore. The intensity of the ocean up there was astounding. It tried to rip the flesh off my bones, but I was cautious and respectful. Being alone on beaches with this force surging in totally put things into perspective, be very careful.
One highlight was a rain forest walk at Sea Acres. We saw the strangler vine in action in all it's glory and were largely alone for the walk, other than goannas, birds and land mullet. It was such a treat to breathe the air and go slowly through such ancient spaces. Another highlight was in Wauchope, where RP took us to Timbertown, a colonial town set up in 1880's style. It sounds tacky but I was enchanted, all original buildings, situated in the bush, recreating a past that I only read about. I couldn't get enough, it fascinates me, the olden days. I was delighted to just stroll around and hardly encounter a living soul. I bought a nice painting of Lighthouse Beach for RP and LP (where they live), and spoke to everyone I met there. I hope the place keeps on running, as I am keen to go back.
I understand that life, and consider it seriously sometimes, but I think I would tire of the clean kitchen and self-satisfied contentment. Fighting off the ants in a white mansion that borders the rain forest is not what I am here for. But to spend quality time with Ben and the Polsons was priceless. I am extremely fortunate.

1 comment:

  1. Go nude forever yey!!
    BTW you are the best nude kisser I have ever laid eyes on...
    JP

    ReplyDelete