Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day by day


Some art at a bar in Otsuka

I was so excited on Saturday night as I turned on the tv and the tour de france was in full swing, but with no commentary. No commercials, just the bikers and the views, what a rush! I sat drinking and lulled by the endless commitment, such achievement and skill. Unfortunately that was the only night I could receive the broadcast, every other evening the station is down. Sad.
On another note, I have been spending more time in the studio and feel like there is some evidence of my stay here, and when I'm working I am in the moment, concentrating, yet lost in the process. It feels otherworldly. When I go out of the studio and see people, I am a bit discombobulated, as if I had been on nitrous oxide, I just find it hard to warm to conversation again, my mind has been in such a focus.
I went out early morning the other day and noticed how friendly people were, acknowledging me, saying excuse me, and generally acting human and civil, aha, I realised, in the afternoons, everyone is tired and hot and over it, it's not me, it's the situation that is getting to everyone.
Went to the bath house last night and found that if I had a cool wash before hand then the baths were tolerable and I could luxuriate for much longer. There have been times when I've gotten so dizzy, I'd have to sit outside for a bit...I especially love sitting after the baths, and eating some chips and drinking a yogurt drink. I never want to shower the next day, as I don't want to wash off that special feeling. There is one bath that is filled with some sort of silky steamy milk, you can see swirls of it, and the steam wisping off of it quite mysteriously. I love that bath the most.

1 comment:

  1. I love that "milk" bath too- I think Hanako called it a silk bath.. apparently its just air.
    xx

    ReplyDelete