Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Greenery

I can't do it justice...but that little boat made my heart sing
The Gods smiled on me yesterday. I went for lunch with a couple of artists from the Tokyo Wonder Site Yu and Tomoko, and afterwards expressed an interest in seeing the Prada building I could see from the window. We went down there and were just ambling around, taking in the very wealthy area, and came across a museum, the Nezu Museum. Somewhere in brain, a little light went off, and I said, I think I have to go in there.
Well aren't I glad I did. It was just the ticket to the glory of Japan that I had been waiting for, a huge gallery filled with blue and white porceleans, from 1640 on, all Japanese and amazing pieces. Upstairs was a magnificent gallery of laquerware, my current obsession. Fulfilling as that was, the best was yet to come, in the garden. I couldn't believe this was only ten minutes walk from TWS, and in such a built-up area, it was enormous, one could get lost in it, and it was like Kyoto, very perfect and you felt alone and there were little windy paths and so many vistas. I spent hours in there, inhaling the good air, and was totally at peace, totally refreshed and fully happy again.
This is what is a necessity.

3 comments:

  1. amazing- I have never heard anyone talk about that place. The garden looks so beautiful. Have you walked up to Aoyama cementary yet? Anyone enormous space of green among the chaos.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at your facebook photos of this garden- amazing!.

    Hey you should change the title of your blog- your back in Tokyo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds like a wonderful find! Magic!! AK xx

    ReplyDelete