Monday, April 12, 2010

Lost in a moment

Dahlias on the table before me, hyacinths to the right of me. A cup of fresh hot lemon verbena tea to drink and the day splays itself out to me. Morning sun lights the wafts of smoke from my cigarette, there is a chill in the air for sure now. I feel like a still life, just existing, and wishing I could just float through, observing and making notes in a gentle book. My capacity for stillness has never been so strong, is it my autumn years making me feel this way?
This is all I want, I think.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to read that gentle book.
    your in the present moment- enjoy and don't worry about the future. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear birdmonkey
    that is the sweetest thing,thank you, and makes tears come to my eyes for some reason.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete