Sunday, April 11, 2010

The 'F' word


Went to Feminism conference today with Elvis and was reminded of the plague of troubles and issues facing women the world over. Haven't been to a conference regarding these issues in 20 years and realise how little has changed and how much there is to be done. Surrounded by a hall full of these strong and committed women, I felt their strength and my weakness and ineptitude. Going to have to stand up and not be nice anymore. But I really believe a lot lies in the hands of men, to take responsibility and also stand up against harassment or abusive behaviour. To assist in enabling a 50/50 policy that includes women in all areas.
I felt so moved and inspired in the morning session, revived in fact, my beliefs strengthened, and my desire to change the world re-awakened. But also feel this consternation about how to assist in making this happen...what can I do? Such a powerful reminder of suffering bullshit, and all the immorality of modern convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment