Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DAY 5

I braved it and went to a restaurant today, and what do you know, ordered liver again! Not once, but twice in 5 days, I have made this mistake. I am an idiot. The vegetables were lovely, and I just pushed the offensive offal aside (I can't understand how I can love pate and liverwurst), anyway, at the end of my meal I had finally found Simon Barney's list of useful Japanese, included were the words for liver etc. and I questioned the waitress, and she nodded with sincerity. Next time I am asking first!
On the train I saw something that struck me; a couple of shopping bag laden women were standing near me, both skinny and beautiful. One had on a jumpsuit with buttons across the top, which were bulging out a little. The other woman poked her in the stomach, meanly! I saw her hastily pull her top down to flatten it. What is this obsession with picture perfect? No words were said, but all meaning.
Why are there no porkers around? Are they all too fat to leave their homes? I am serious, I am the fattest person I have seen as yet! In more regional areas does it differ? The food is so good! I read that almost everyone was starving post WW2. I wonder if it might also be the Buddhist way.
Today I spent all day (6 hours) in the Craft Department store; Tokyo Hands. Eight floors of wonderment. I have been trying to attach my flickerphotos on here, save me time. Bear with me! All I can say is WOW. Shinjuku, wow. Wow wow wow wow wow.
Mega-metropolis, city of the future, Bladerunner all the way.
Fuck but the drains smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment