Tuesday, September 29, 2009

DAY 11

I can't figure out how to make the comments easier, except to try and try again. Maybe it's the Japanese flavour?
I found the Excelsior Hotel today, just at the end of my wandering, I went up a street I hadn't been up yet (I am covering every street in the region), and there it was, and guess what, I couldn't see the bloody sign from ground level! So I must find a way to get up high and closer. Jeez.
Had a great day, totally productive. From doing yoga and working at home here, eating melon and miso (not together), to going successfully to the post office, and mailing a parcel, and getting stamps! Then I just wandered for hours, seeing and smelling it all; the drains are fully stinky, to contrast with the tasty food smells. Passed a rock band, all with their hair teased and SO much make-up, hilarious. The men are so fem, mostly. I saw the same guys later on nearer to my area, theres a club down an alley way behind the supermarket, really rocking, the other day I was in the market and the floor was shaking.
There are so many little feral cats around, I suppose where there's fish...had my first stand up sushi as well. It was so lovely and cool, they gave me an English menu, and I just ordered away. The chef put a big fresh leaf in front of me, then proceeded to make each piece fresh to order. I have never seen so much work go into 2 pieces of sushi in my life, for $2.50, so many steps, such handiwork, ART! I gobbled up the deliciousness in 10seconds. There was some cool jazz playing and I got some more wasabi while the woman next to me nodded at my selection. Oh please let me eat at every restaurant in Tokyo and have such a great experience!
I had read about an English speaking cafe that served great coffee, and had it in mind to find that while I was at it. And I did, I don't even drink coffee, but I treated myself to a tiny perfect espresso while having a cigarette and iced water. All was right with the world and the caffeine intake was just what I needed to inspire me in another stationary store. This must be my fifth I have visited, and I can't get enough of them, they are huge...all the beautiful writing paper, and graph exercise books...I won't even let myself look at the pens.
All this had taken me into the evening, and I saw the sky darken and turn a rich vivid brown. Never having experienced this before, I was in awe. No wonder so many buildings are powder blue, its so they compliment the evening sky. Stood in the center of the square outside the station, where all the Uni students congregate and smoke, with neon all around me, and video screens blaring; it makes Bladerunner look like child's play!
Dinner I made mushrooms with beans and greens and garlic on buckwheat noodles. Tasty.
Anyway, love to you all, I am thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment