Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Aussie dance


I was asked if any comparative dance (as in Yanaka), happened in Australia, and I had to answer no unfortunately. But yesterday on the beach I was watching the movement along the beach, and the ritualistic devotion that many indulge in, and I guess that it is a form of dance. It is public, it involves the body and the mind, it generates wonderful feelings, it is done as often as possible, weather permitting, it is a sanctuary, and it is very very good.
Standing up and lying down
I so get into sand. I remember as a child it being my favourite play thing, a building tool, a drawing board, it reacts to your touch, is hot on top, and when you dig it gets cooler and wet, and sometimes you find a treasure.
I have seen microscopic photos of sand, and the miniature shells and quartz that make it's substance, enthralling.
Yesterday I just dug myself into it, I couldn't stop enjoying the sensation of it against my skin, I lay covered, like a moron, groaning with pleasure. And then when it gets too much, back in the liquid green glass to cleanse.

It is fucking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment