Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 10


Here's my tidy living room for Lisa!
Saw a programme on folding your clothes neatly last night. Rivetting. People are indeed very tidy, I remember when I was young at school, and knowing some Japanese girls; Yumi Ando, and Keiko, they used to fold the cardigans over their arms very perfectly. They were into Hello Kitty and stickers and had the nicest handwriting I had ever seen. In the spirit of things my handwriting has improved since being here. At one of the openings I was asked to sign the guestbook; so I picked up a pen and put my blundering name down under the beautiful calligraphic names on the page. Mine was so messy and dislocated.
There is an obsession with plaid here, not flannel, but golf trouser tartan, all sorts of shirts and pants. Weird.
Made it to Roppongi 'Hills', the hills part I couldn't see. I was imagining nice green rolling hills with a tower on top...but it was more skyscrapers than I could poke a stick at, and the Mori Museum was on the 52nd floor. Who ever heard about putting a museum up so high? After being ushered in and out of the elevators I started feeling like some automated idiot. I hate user pays and the entry fee was hefty, with no re-entry. I hate that too. I enjoyed Ai Wei Wei's show despite my bad mood. I hope he is alright, I kept thinking about him. I fully hate high heels and the snippy clippy sound they make. The floors in the gallery were wooden, and I could see millions of indentations pock marking them. I should pay less for my nice quiet soft heeled shoes, that leave no mark!
Screwed up at the supermarket again when I went to buy some bananas for the day. I wanted only 2, and so took a couple off the bunch, anyway, as it turns out the bunches were for sale, not singular! I held up the whole queue with my numbskull behaviour, and ended up not buying anything, because I didn't want to carry a whole bunch with me all day.
I am finding the sense of order disorienting, I just want to mess things up a bit. The formality and chandelier mentality (just made that up) is too depressing.

2 comments:

  1. ah so, it's true! your kitchen looks cute, go easy on all that riveting telly, Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't look like your place at all goffa!
    Where's all the STUFF?

    ReplyDelete