Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yokohama surprises


Fingernail arts

Bec buying a drawing
I still get a surprise each time I look up and see I am in Japan again. I’m really here, and this is all going on, it is pretty exciting really.
The forest across the street is impressive, and dense, the sounds that emanate from there at night are strange and wondrous, and the air is always good. Really, to walk up the road next to the forest, it exhales the sweetest scents, and I just soak it up, that green air. The life that forages in there and the abundance of mosquitoes on entering is astounding. I saw a woman come rushing out with swarms of them following her! And then they came for me, but they really just have a cursory bite of and then leave, I taste wrong to them!
The weather is sublime, and I got fed Bec’s amazing cooking last night, replete with tastiness and excellence beyond gourmet standards.
Hm, all there is to do is get the work and install it! This seems the hardest of things.
We have been here six days and feel settled in, know our way around and can navigate the system. I can work from home in Dream Heights, part of Dream Land, Totsuka just 50 minutes from Yokohama. To be in Dream Heights seems like an uber celebration of Dream Island, and it all does seem like a dream, memories. If you have time to process them and then come back to this living world, it is a true gift I am so grateful for. The life we have lived that we can play back in our memories, through our compact brains, sort through the past and re-live some of those moments.
Although when I am in the living, I am trying to absorb the moments that I can relish later, the flash of a beautiful woman on the bus, in fact, everyone on the bus and their silent un-moving stance, its fascinating the stillness and sincere quietude that predominates on the buses out here…Oh, but that beautiful woman, so serene and delightful to watch, head down waiting for her stop, contemplating what extraordinary beauty I will never know.
The moments of looking around and seeing all that is going on at any given time, the mass reflectivity of it all and multi-levelled layers and dimensions. Space seems elastic, with more and more abundance and sights being packed into it, and I know it is Japan, that piling up and smushing more on, its not just fucking beautiful it is fucking ugly as well. There is so much to take in, I am inundated and somewhat exhausted when I go out into the real world. I can’t take it all in, much as I want to there is too much foreigness in this strange Switzerland-perfect Asiatic island lifestyle.
I have my fortune already in what I can make with my hands and their discards.

No comments:

Post a Comment