Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Too much excitement


Can there actually be too much? I don't think so. But it is hurled from above, and taken very seriously by me. Inside I feel I am raging at a constant pace, and then I step out, and it is heightened, shooting me to the moon and stars.
This autumn, the cold weather and events I have been attending are all fuel for awesomeness, how can I explain? Just seizing time and strangling it, and throwing caution to the wind and flying, whirling energy unstoppable, intense but measured, not out of control. I adore being 44, if this is ageing, give it to me!
Highlights were seeing this koto played for a talk given by Japanese living in Australia and making a work visiting Japanese graves around the country and dancing there, "Repose", focusing on kuyo, which is honouring the spirits of the dead...
The Biennale party on Cockatoo Island, a party of great dimensions, too brief, but of excellent proportions.
Daily activities where I nurture myself with yoga and soba noodles, pass time reading and conducting myself in a manner that I am proud of and then evening time where I cut loose and feel a wild untamedness, enjoying a diverse range of people places and actions. It is like Song 2, by BLUR, on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment