Monday, May 10, 2010

Green things


The pleasure I got from walking in this bush on Sunday isn't possible to describe. It fed me the greens I was needing and air without car fumes. It was a real up and down climb, past Fishpond and winding through Galston Gorge and further. It was a magic day weather wise with the sun lighting the trees and wondrous ways. Shallow creek beds and golden water moving into greens like dark jade. Bubble trails made by fish or turtles, and an incredible silence, such relief from the pounding of the city. I want to sleep in a room painted these colours.
Janice's father picked us up and we had a lovely meal with her parents and their fat cat, Katie, who hated me.

1 comment:

  1. katie didn't want to share her chairs with you..xx wish I was walking in the bush with you

    ReplyDelete