Sunday, October 9, 2011

Relational aesthetics



Sugoi! I hear the proclamations and am heartened, I suppose, but is it really great? I field the questions/comments and exclamations, repeating endless thanks and repeating wabi-sabi, mottainai, maki-e, tokonoma, suzuri-baki, tatami are all the words I utilise.
There are stacks of people coming through, when the shuttle bus comes, theres a sudden surge, but yesterday it was endless. So much going on in this space, so much noise and movements as the various artists continue their works.
I enjoy providing cultural content, truly, but what else of it? I feel like I am at an art fair, with my booth. Getting some work done whilst answering to the struggling English that unfortunately is so difficult to understand.
Mercy on me, under the glaring lights and airless room, I come apart every half hour or so.
I don't know what else to do other than work, I don't have the money to travel, and theres no internet at home, so I come here.

1 comment:

  1. hey there- its so hard making work and then trying to work out people reactions to your work. It looks great in the photos and you have made something that bridges here and there, your memories and others memories- all done as only you can.

    Just such up the praise. You deserve it. Enjoy the small things, the big things will take care of themselves. xx

    ReplyDelete